[Commpsych] Latest Issue of Australian Community Psychologist Issue 30(01)

Fox, Rachael rfox at csu.edu.au
Mon Jan 27 20:28:33 AWST 2020

Latest Issue of Australian Community Psychologist Issue 30(01)
At Volume 30, Australian Community Psychologist finds itself experiencing a bit of a birthday. The journal is older than 30 years in fact: it began as Network: The Bulletin of the Board of Community Psychologists in 1984. In some ways it is also younger; it became Australian Community Psychologist in 2006. During all this time it has remained one of the few community psychology peer reviewed journals which is open access. It was started in 1984 by Art Veno, who sadly died last year. Heather Gridley has far more knowledge than I of both Art and the history of the journal, and so the first piece of this issue is a Guest Editorial<https://www.psychology.org.au/for-members/publications/journals/Australian-Community-Psychologist/ACP-Issues/Volume-30,-No-1,-January-2020/Guest-Editorial> by Heather. As part of our birthday and as tribute to Art, we have uploaded scanned copies of the back issues of Network to our archive page<https://www.psychology.org.au/for-members/publications/journals/Australian-Community-Psychologist/ACP-Issues/Volume-30,-No-1,-January-2020/Guest-Editorial> - the archive is almost complete - if anyone has copies of Volume 1 which we were unable to locate, please do get in touch (we are also missing Vol. 3 No. 1 (1987) and Vol. 6 No. 3 (1990)).
The latest issue includes a special section on Australian migration with four papers that describe migrants, asylum seekers and refugees in Australia. Puvimanasinghe et al.<https://www.psychology.org.au/for-members/publications/journals/Australian-Community-Psychologist/ACP-Issues/Volume-30,-No-1,-January-2020/Flexibility,-creativity-and-responsiveness-in-trau> describe experiences of service providers offering trauma counselling to refugees and asylum-seekers. Khawaja and Hebbani<https://www.psychology.org.au/for-members/publications/journals/Australian-Community-Psychologist/ACP-Issues/Volume-30,-No-1,-January-2020/Factors-impacting-life-satisfaction-of-refugees-in> examine factors impacting life satisfaction of refugees in Australia. Hartley and Pedersen<https://www.psychology.org.au/for-members/publications/journals/Australian-Community-Psychologist/ACP-Issues/Volume-30,-No-1,-January-2020/They-are-humans-and-humanity-comes-first%e2%80%9d-The-fu> examine attitudes towards people seeking asylum in Australia. Fierro Hernandez and Sonn<https://www.psychology.org.au/for-members/publications/journals/Australian-Community-Psychologist/ACP-Issues/Volume-30,-No-1,-January-2020/In-Between-Two-Worlds-Colombian-Migrants-Negotiat> explore experiences of Colombian Migrants negotiating identity and settlement. At a time where Australia's migration policies and rhetoric are as problematic and controversial as ever, as thousands of asylum seekers and refugees are held in detention around Australia<https://www.humanrights.gov.au/our-work/rights-and-freedoms/publications/asylum-seekers-and-refugees>, work which seeks to unmask, contest and disrupt is vital.
Finally, we have a very thought provoking paper by Nikki Harre<https://www.psychology.org.au/for-members/publications/journals/Australian-Community-Psychologist/ACP-Issues/Volume-30,-No-1,-January-2020/Let%e2%80%99s-assume-people-are-good-Rethinking-research>: Let's assume people are good: Rethinking research in community psychology, which examines community psychology assumptions around research and how we might act differently. We also have a book review<https://www.psychology.org.au/for-members/publications/journals/Australian-Community-Psychologist/ACP-Issues/Volume-30,-No-1,-January-2020/Book-Review> of Nikki's latest work; The Infinite Game.

Kind Regards,
Rachael

Dr Rachael Fox
Senior Lecturer | School of Psychology
Editor of Australian Community Psychologist<https://www.psychology.org.au/for-members/publications/journals/Australian-Community-Psychologist>
Charles Sturt University
Wagga Wagga, NSW 2678
Australia

Tel: +61 2 6933 2840
Fax: +61 2 6933 2840
Email: rfox at csu.edu.au<mailto:rfox at csu.edu.au>
http://bjbs.csu.edu.au/schools/psychology/staff/profiles/professors-and-lecturers/rachael-fox
www.csu.edu.au<http://www.csu.edu.au/>
[19APS-CONF-ICCP2020-eSignature]<https://communitypsychologyaustralia.com.au/>

[Charles Sturt University]<http://www.csu.edu.au/>

|   ALBURY-WODONGA   |   BATHURST   |   BRISBANE   |   CANBERRA   |   DUBBO   |   GOULBURN   |   MELBOURNE   |   ORANGE   |   PORT MACQUARIE   |   SYDNEY   |   WAGGA WAGGA   |

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with Charles Sturt University may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at Charles Sturt University. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Charles Sturt University.

Charles Sturt University in Australia<http://www.csu.edu.au> The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018

Consider the environment before printing this email.