[Commpsych] ATOD Counsellor Temp Position & permanent CD position l

Catherine DArcy Catherine.DArcy at kchs.org.au
Wed Nov 24 09:40:44 WST 2010

Want to forward these positions to people. The CD officer is working with a wonderful CD team leader at Knox Council that some of you know, Mandy Roche. Pretty good remuneration also for that kind of position.

Employment Positions On Line: Community Development Officer

[cid:image001.gif at 01CB8BD4.93A5B7F0]<http://www.knox.vic.gov.au/Activity/downloadFiles.asp?Activity_Id=567>

Name:

Community Development Officer<http://www.knox.vic.gov.au/Activity/downloadFiles.asp?Activity_Id=567>

Reference Number:

CCD

Permanent Part Time 30.4 hours per week

An exciting opportunity exists for a Community Development Officer to join the Community Strengthening Team.

This role will be responsible for the identification and strategic development of initiatives that enhance civic participation and volunteerism, life-long learning and strengthens collaborative actions across the not for profit sector.

Salary will be in the range $70K to $76K (including super) pro rata for part time.

For further information contact Mandy Roche, Coordinator Community Strengthening Team on 9298 8377 or mandy.roche at knox.vic.gov.au.

Applications, which must address the selection criteria in the position description, close at 5pm Friday 26 November 2010 and should be addressed to People Performance - Employee Relations, Knox City Council, 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South, Vic, 3152. Email: job.applications at knox.vic.gov.au Fax: 9298 8539.

Closing Date:

26/11/2010

Knox Community Health will soon be advertising for a .5 ATOD Counsellor to commence work January - June 2011.

The Alcohol, Tobacco Other Drug Counselling  Program comes to the end of our Commonwealth Agreement in June next year at which point we will be re-tendering for the program and depending on the outcome of this tender the temp position may continue or cease based on allocated funds and required EFT from the Commonwealth.

The Commonwealth have invested an enormous amount of money into our program so we do not believe there will be any reduction to program size, we will be requesting maintenance of additional AOD staff as well as submission for recurrent ISI capacity building ( the latter may not be successful as a number of AOD agencies have had no additional funds for this project and that may be where future funds are directed) We are currently leaders in the AOD sector for the region and tick all the boxes of best practice for AOD and lead the way in terms of the anticipated shaping of the AOD sector into the future so I have no concerns for our program beyond June 2011.

The position will most likely be advertised internally and externally.
P  Please consider the environment before printing this email

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.