[Commpsych] FW: Journal of Pacific Rim Psychology Special Issue on the Psychological Impacts of Involuntary Migration

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Thu Oct 9 09:28:14 WST 2008

From: Graham Davidson [mailto:Gdavidso at usc.edu.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 8 October 2008 5:25 PM
Subject: Journal of Pacific Rim Psychology Special Issue on on the Psychological Impacts of Involuntary Migration

Hello Folks,

I am following up on the strong representation migration and refugee studies at our recent APS Conference in Hobart. It was encouraging to see so many papers around these themes.

I'm attaching some information about a planned Special Issue in 2010 of the Journal of Pacific Rim Psychology on the Psychological Impacts of Involuntary Migration. The planned Special Issue is part of a Global Special focus on Psychology and Poverty Reduction. The concepts of economic and environmental refugees is incorporated as a context of involuntary migration along with traditional definitions of refugeehood for the purpose of the Special Issue.

Manuscripts that relate to the Special Issue topic would be most welcome, as would your circulating this to colleagues who may be researching in relevant areas.

With sincere best wishes,

Graham

Emeritus Professor Graham Davidson PhD FAPS
School of Social Sciences
University of the Sunshine Coast

Room T (Health Tower) 2.11
Ph: +61 7 54594481