[Commpsych] FW: Announcement of the Community College AGM, Nov 14,noon to 1pm; AGM materials to distribute to College members

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Mon Nov 3 17:42:50 WST 2008

Thanks Lauren and hi everyone

Just a few things about next week's national APS Community College AGM:

The first notice (and the proxy form) sent to College members had the wrong date - it's definitely Friday 14th November.

Only full college members get to vote, but we rarely vote on anything, so associate, affiliate and student members are also welcome to attend the meeting in person or by phone. Phone-in details will be available later this week. You will need to let APS know if you plan on taking up this (free) option, so we know how many lines to book. Having you attend is much more valuable than giving someone else your proxy, in view of the above. We probably need at least 3 full members outside the national committee to attend to reach a quorum.  But if you are a full member, really can't attend and would like your vote registered if needed, then the proxy is an option.

And while we have your attention, I've attached two notices for events approved for Community Psychology PD points that are  coming up on the next two Thursdays in Melbourne. The first is a FREE afternoon seminar with a difference, followed by an exhibition launch (details below), and the second is being organised by the Victorian section on the current hot topic of food security as a grassroots community issue.  You do need to rsvp for both of these events, as per the flyers.

Heather Gridley
School of Psychology
Footscray Park Campus
Victoria University