[Commpsych] ERA Jounral rankings

Dawn Darlaston-Jones ddarlaston-jones at nd.edu.au
Fri Jun 20 07:48:31 WST 2008

Hi everyone
Without wanting to engage with the controversial/arbitrary/and generally
problematic nature of ranking systems......

I've just found out that ACP has been listed in the new ERA journal ranking
system as level C. While this is the lowest tier of the ranking system it is
a huge achievement for such a 'young' journal and one that is available only
on the APS website. Thanks to Lauren Breen for alerting me to this and
special thanks to Anne Sibbel who is responsible for the production of the
journal and all the authors who contributed their work to make this a
fabulous vehicle for dissemination.

This is a great step forward for a journal that tends to adopt a more
critical stance - (room to move further in this direction undoubtedly) and
that tries to provide an outlet for research that would not find a home in
more traditional fora

Dawn

Dawn Darlaston-Jones, PhD
Lecturer, Behavioural Science
School of Arts & Sciences
University of Notre Dame
19 Mouat Street (PO Box 1225)
FREMANTLE
Western Australia WA 6160

Tel: +61 8 9433 0567
Fax: +61 8 9433 6073
e-mail ddarlaston-jones at nd.edu.au

CRICOS Code 01032F

IMPORTANT: This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient you should not disclose, copy, disseminate or
otherwise use the information contained in it. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete or
destroy the document. Confidential and legal privilege are not waived or
lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you. The University of Notre Dame
Australia is not responsible for any changes made to a document other than
those made by the University. Before opening or using attachments please
check them for viruses and defects. Our liability is limited to re-supplying
any affected attachments.