[Commpsych] WA ONLY FW: Once only opportunity to see how Cuba faced and excelled in the Peak Oil Crisis - Wednesday 6 August at Reading Cinema

Dawn Darlaston-jones ddarlaston-jones at nd.edu.au
Wed Jul 30 15:26:01 WST 2008

FYI

Dawn Darlaston-Jones, PhD

Lecturer, Behavioural Science

School of Arts & Sciences

University of Notre Dame

19 Mouat Street (PO Box 1225)

FREMANTLE

Western Australia WA 6160

Tel: +61 8 9433 0567

Fax: +61 8 9433 6073

e-mail ddarlaston-jones at nd.edu.au

CRICOS Code 01032F

IMPORTANT: This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you should not disclose, copy, disseminate or otherwise use the information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete or destroy the document. Confidential and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you. The University of Notre Dame Australia is not responsible for any changes made to a document other than those made by the University. Before opening or using attachments please check them for viruses and defects. Our liability is limited to re-supplying any affected attachments.

From: Jacqui Gollner [mailto:Jacqui.Gollner at mandurah.wa.gov.au] Sent: Wednesday, 30 July 2008 2:31 PMTo: 'Dawn Darlaston-Jones'Subject: FW: Once only opportunity to see how Cuba faced and excelled in the Peak Oil Crisis - Wednesday 6 August at Reading Cinema

Hi Dawn

Something I thought you might be interested in. J

Hope you are having a great day!

Jacqui

From: Janneke Greenham Sent: Wednesday, 30 July 2008 1:42 PMTo: 1All Network UsersSubject: Once only opportunity to see how Cuba faced and excelled in the Peak Oil Crisis - Wednesday 6 August at Reading Cinema

Dear all

Please see the attached information to see how you can view: "The Power of Community - How Cuba Survived Peak Oil".

This is an excellent, thought provoking film that demonstrates the resilience of community in the time of need.  Cuba is a real life example of how we can respond to the global oil 'crisis' and not only survive but excel in alternative methods of transport, food production and building communities through behaviour changes.

This once only opportunity to view the film and meet Susan Hartley is not to be missed.

Tickets are $12 [adults] and $6 [children] and are available from Reading Cinemas or Janneke Greenham in EcoServices.

Wednesday 6 August - 6pm.

Come and see how we can all make a difference.