[Commpsych] New Domestic Violence Website Launched

Nicole LEGGETT n.leggett at ecu.edu.au
Wed Dec 3 11:17:37 WST 2008

Some of you might be interested in the following...

NEW Domestic Violence Website Launched - www.hurt.net.au <http://www.hurt.net.au/>

Media Statement 28/11/08

The Women's Council for Domestic and Family Violence Services (WA) launched HURT on Tuesday 25 November in conjunction with the states White Ribbon Day activities.

 HURT, an interactive virtual house, contains embedded video clips of women, children and men describing their experiences of domestic and family violence. This one of kind resource hopes to raise the curtain on the hidden devastation and turmoil of domestic and family violence, breaking the barrier of shame and silence that so often surrounds women's and children's experiences.

 The website invites viewers to explore a virtually constructed house from the perspective of any one of 27 characters linked to over 100 video clips. The people who appear in HURT are actors re-telling the stories of over 65 women, men and service providers who were interviewed to inform this project.

To view the website visit: www.hurt.net.au <http://www.hurt.net.au/>

 A DVD training resource using some of the video clips that are contained within the website is currently being developed. For more information about this resource or to obtain a copy contact Nicole: 9420 7264 or policy at womenscouncil.com.au

 Please forward through your networks

Nicole Leggett

Project Officer

Women's Council for Domestic & Family Violence Services (WA)

PO Box 8437 Perth Business Centre WA 6849

Phone: (08) 9420 7264  Fax:  (08) 9486 8744

Email:  project at womenscouncil.com.au <mailto:ahartwig at womenscouncil.com.au>

Website: http://www.womenscouncil.com.au <http://www.womenscouncil.com.au/>