[Commpsych] Ipswich Community Action Workshop (Asylum Seeker Resource Centre): Saturday 28 July, 1pm to 3.30pm

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Tue Jul 17 10:32:41 AWST 2018

This workshop looks great - something for Queensland folk for once 😊

The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Amnesty, GetUp! and Love Makes A Way warmly invite all community members to an Ipswich Community Action Workshop on Saturday 28 July. The workshop will introduce the tools and strategies to have values-based conversations with family, friends and people of influence about the issues that impact people seeking asylum. It will also be a chance to meet like-minded people who may want to take a collective approach in your area and to find out what other groups are doing in Ipswich.

The content of the workshop draws on the findings of the ASRC's ground-breaking ‘Words That Work’ <https://www.asrc.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ASRC-Words-that-Work-4pp.pdf> messaging research, which found more effective ways of communicating about the rights of people seeking asylum. By working together, we can transform the way our community thinks about people seeking asylum. It's time to get the conversation towards a shared future on the #RightTrack. We look forward to seeing you there!