[Commpsych] SDOH webinar: The way we work - How local engagement and healthy workplaces matter to psychologists and their clients - Tuesday 4 July 7.30-8pm AEST

Emma Sampson E.Sampson at psychology.org.au
Thu Jun 29 10:41:11 WST 2017

APS webinar: The way we work - How local engagement and healthy workplaces matter to psychologists and their clients

This is the final webinar in the APS Institute's four-part series of webinars on applying a Social Determinants of Health approach in psychological practice and will take place on Tuesday 4th July from 7-8.30pm AEST.

Dr Jo Mitchell (Clinical Psychologist and Co-Founder of the Mind Room) and Belinda Barnett (University of Queensland and voluntary maternity consumer advocate for Maternity Choices Australia (MCA)) will discuss the importance of psychologically healthy workplaces, identify how workplace and care policies impact on health and wellbeing and discuss implications for practice.

An overview of a practice model that works collaboratively with organisations, groups and individuals to enhance outcomes for clients and communities will be presented and  there will also be an opportunity to learn, via a case study, about research into women's experiences of decision making, wellbeing and empowerment during the perinatal period.

More information and to register <http://www.psychology.org.au/Events/EventView.aspx?EventID=17462>

It's not too late to register for individual webinars or receive a substantial discount if you register for the series (you can still view the three previous webinars if you sign up for all 4). If you can't attend at the time, you will receive an email with links to the the recording and presentation slides a few days later.

The "Beyond diagnosis - what else matters to clients' health and wellbeing?" webinar series explores the value of utilising a Social Determinants of Health approach (SDoH - incorporating the physical, economic, political, personal and social environment) to expand the way we think about mental health. Applications of a resource<http://www.psychology.org.au/Assets/Files/APS%20SDoH%20Resource%20Final.pdf> developed by the APS Public Interest team to assist psychologists to embed an SDoH approach into their practice will also be explored.

So join us as we explore this critical new way to think about what matters most in psychological practice - REGISTER HERE<https://event-registration.psychology.org.au/017462>

Emma Sampson
Research & Policy Officer, Public Interest
The Australian Psychological Society Limited
Level 11, 257 Collins Street Melbourne VIC 3000
PO Box 38, Flinders Lane VIC 8009
03 8662 3347 (Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays)
Email: e.sampson at psychology.org.au<mailto:e.sampson at psychology.org.au>
www.psychology.org.au<http://www.psychology.org.au/>

I acknowledge the Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nations who are the Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work. I would also like to pay respect to their Elders, past,  present and future, for they hold the dreams of Indigenous Australia.

If you receive this email by mistake please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this email. The views expressed in this email are taken to be those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically attributes those views to The Australian Psychological Society Ltd and is authorised to do so. The Australian Psychological Society Ltd accepts no liability for any damage caused as a result of your receipt of this email or any attachments