[Commpsych] Consumer Participation Employment Opportunity

Catherine D'Arcy Catherine.DArcy at kchs.org.au
Mon Jun 23 07:59:23 WST 2014

SENIOR PROJECT OFFICER, HAVING THE CONVERSATION:  CONSUMER RESOURCES

Our vision
Health Issues Centre works towards a health system with better health outcomes and experiences for all.  Using the valuable and unique insights of consumers as health service users, carers and citizens, we actively work with others to create a better health system.

Who we are
Health Issues Centre provides a credible and informed voice for all health consumers in Victoria. A health system that encourages equity and partnerships is only possible if health consumers are actively involved in the process and decisions that inform their health outcomes. We advocate consumer participation through training, consulting, networking and research to shape a better healthcare system. We work in collaboration with consumers, health services and policy makers to ensure the experiences and insights of health consumers are involved in shaping a better health system for everyone.

The position: Senior Project Officer, Having the Conversation; Consumer resources
The objective of this project is to support consumers in developing advanced care plans through developing a suite of resources, printed and on-line, that assist consumers to engage in conversations about end-of-life priorities and decision-making with families and clinicians and to document their advanced care plans.  This position requires a good collaborator and networker, with a well-developed understanding of approaches to consumer participation in health, an innovative and clear thinker, a team player and a good communicator. This project involves significant liaison with other organisations and projects in this area.

Closing date:  COB Tuesday, 1 July 2014

A copy of the position description can be downloaded from www.healthissuescentre.org.au<http://www.healthissuescentre.org.au>

________________________________
Souzi Markos
Senior Administrative Officer
Health Issues Centre
Victoria's Health Consumer Organisation

Level 8
255 Bourke Street
MELBOURNE      VIC      3000

T:   (03) 9664 9343  | F:   (03) 9663 7955

E:   s.markos at healthissuescentre.org.au<mailto:s.markos at healthissuescentre.org.au>                  W:   www.healthissuescentre.org.au<http://www.healthissuescentre.org.au/>

Catherine D'Arcy
Senior Health Promotion Officer
Health Promotion

1063 Burwood Hwy | Ferntree Gully | Vic | 3156
p 03 9757 6261  f 03 9756 0144
e Catherine.Darcy at each.com.au<mailto:Catherine.Darcy at each.com.au>  | Join us on: [http://communications.each.com.au/emailsig/KNOX_Facebook.jpg] <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knox-Community-Health-Service/156138801128075> | [http://communications.each.com.au/emailsig/KNOX_LinkedIn.jpg] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/each> | [http://communications.each.com.au/emailsig/KNOX_Vimeo.jpg] <http://vimeo.com/channels/eachsch>

[http://communications.each.com.au/emailsig/Aboriginal.jpg]<http://www.naidoc.org.au/>

[http://communications.each.com.au/emailsig/TorresStrait.jpg]<http://www.naidoc.org.au/>

[http://communications.each.com.au/emailsig/GLBTIQ.jpg]<http://www.glhv.org.au/>

[http://communications.each.com.au/emailsig/NDIS.jpg]<http://www.disabilitycareaustralia.gov.au/>

[http://communications.each.com.au/emailsig/Diversity.jpg]

[http://communications.each.com.au/emailsig/Environment.jpg]<http://www.sustainability.vic.gov.au/www/html/1517-home-page.asp>

[http://www.each.com.au/images/uploads/EACH40YR_KSCH_eBanner700px.jpg]<http://www.kchs.org.au/>

NAIDOC Week 6th July to 13th July
NAIDOC stands for National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee. NAIDOC Week is held in the first full week of July. It is a time to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and an opportunity to recognise the contributions that Indigenous Australians make to our country and our society.
For more information visit www.naidoc.org.au<http://www.naidoc.org.au>