[Commpsych] Victoria based supervision session

Catherine DArcy Catherine.DArcy at kchs.org.au
Thu Aug 22 08:22:51 WST 2013

From: Peter - Community Stars [mailto:peter at communitystars.com.au]
Sent: Monday, 19 August 2013 6:13 PM
To: Peter - Community Stars
Subject: The Giving and Receiving of Supervision

Dear All,

2 quick items for you super-busy people.

1)      I'm happy to run my drug-free, community-based intervention designed to eliminate our anxiety about accumulating 10 peer consultation hours for the APS's CPD requirements before November.

Please suggest possible dates and times (weekends and after hours on weekdays are best). I can host again at The Hive Studios, 17 Kerr St, Fitzroy (between Brunswick St & Nicholson St, near Johnston St).

How does it work?:

 *     As people arrive they can form groups of 2 or 3 and hold a peer supervision session.   The only condition is that the time spent on each participants' work must be equally shared.

 *     At the end of each hour, we'll reconvene, and then form another supervision pair/small group. (You can negotiate to have small breaks within your group, but we'll aim to keep the program rolling over each hour)

*     People can come and go as they please.

*     People can bring different issues to each supervisor or ask two or three different supervisors' views on the same issue during the morning.

2)      A Community Psych Masters student looking for a placement asked if I could ask my networks if anyone had a placement opportunity available (I would if I could, but I can't take on a student at the moment).   Please contact Rahman Gray  at rahman.hohlgray at live.vu.edu.au<mailto:rahman.hohlgray at live.vu.edu.au> if you can help or would like to see his CV.

Best regards,

Peter

Dr Peter Streker

Director
[cid:image001.png at 01CE9F21.8E98D180]

PO Box 1041
Fitzroy North VIC 3068

Ph: 0416 166 296
peter at communitystars.com.au<mailto:peter at communitystars.com.au>

Catherine D'Arcy
Senior Health Promotion Officer

Knox Community Health Service
1063 Burwood Highway
Ferntree Gully Vic 3156
Phone: (03) 9757 6261
Fax: (03) 9757 0144
Email: catherine.darcy at kchs.org.au<mailto:bill.jones at kchs.org.au>
Web: www.kchs.org.au<http://www.kchs.org.au/>

We respectfully acknowledge the traditional custodians, the Wurundjeri People past and present of the Kulin Nation.  We also pay respects to Aboriginal Community Elders and people past and present who have resided in the Eastern Metropolitan Region and have been an integral part of the history of this region.
P  Please consider the environment before printing this email

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.