[Commpsych] FW: community engagement for wind farm developments

Emma Sampson E.Sampson at psychology.org.au
Tue Jul 19 11:16:47 WST 2011

Dear Colleagues,
Following an APS submission to a Senate Inquiry into Wind Farms ( http://www.psychology.org.au/Assets/Files/APS-submission-wind-farms-inquiry-feb-2011.pdf ) we have been contacted by a few wind developers seeking assistance from the APS.  Mainly, they are looking for support in how to engage with rural communities in areas where wind farms are planned. They recognise the importance of good community engagement, but don't necessarily have the skills or knowledge to do this as best as possible.  We suggested to them that community psychologists would have valuable skills to offer them in this phase of their work.
So, we are seeking psychologists who might be interested and have expertise in this sort of work with wind farm development, or some related field.  Specifically, one of the wind farm developers is interested in finding a psychologist consultant in South Australia, as that is where a lot of their work is currently being done. But we'd love to hear from any of you if you are interested and skilled in this area.
 If you have any suggestions, please contact Susie Burke (s.burke at psychology.org.au<mailto:s.burke at psychology.org.au>) or Emma Sampson (e.sampson at psychology.org.au<mailto:e.sampson at psychology.org.au>) at the APS (or 03 86623300).
Many thanks,
Susie Burke
Susie Burke PhD
Senior Psychologist, Public Interest, Environment and Disaster Response
Australian Psychological Society
+61 3 8662 3371
s.burke at psychology.org.au<mailto:s.burke at psychology.org.au>