[Commpsych] FW: Emailing: Environmental psychology highlights at ICAP

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Fri Jun 18 14:48:54 WST 2010

Environmental psychology highlights at ICAP

11-16 July 2010 - Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre

Dear colleague,

We want to bring to your attention the range of presentations relevant to psychologists working in or interested in environmental psychology at the forthcoming ICAP Congress. ICAP's rich scientific program will feature state-of-the-art and keynote addresses by over 90 distinguished psychologists from around the globe, and present over 20 concurrent sessions per day. Of particular interest to psychologists working in environmental psychology, there will be numerous symposia, forums and individual papers relating to climate change, workplace design, conservation and waste management, environment behavior and response, and sustainability.

To date, there are over 3000 presentations and events listed in the program. Most of the international speakers are world authorities in an area and many are household names in the world of psychology. There will be unique opportunities for you to meet and listen to them. Here is a small sample of some of the presentations that may be of interest to you:

·         The dragons of inaction: Why we do less than we should, and how we can overcome

·         A psychological perspective on sustainable transport

·         Psychologists as agents for social change. Are we relevant to the greatest moral challenge of our time - climate change?

·         Understanding the influence of contextual factors on pro-environmental behavior and resident well-being

·         Having a sense of one's place: Benefits and challenges of nurturing person-environment connections

·         Restoration and restorative environments

·         Effects and effectiveness of interventions in environmental psychology

*	Psychological models to understand behavioral change for more sustainable lifestyles

  <http://www.psychology.org.au/ext/icap2010/Div-4-ICAP-program.pdf>

Facilitating Action Research in Applied Contexts workshop

Presented by Robert Sommer (USA)
2-5pm, Monday 12 July 2010
Melbourne Convention Centre

The Australian Psychological Society Psychology and the Environment Interest Group is delighted to be hosting a professional development workshop at ICAP 2010.

Robert Sommer is a Distinguished Professor of Psychology Emeritus at the University of California. He has been a towering figure in action research and in environmental psychology for many years, so this is a once-in-a-generation opportunity.

  <http://www.icap2010.com/halfday/Robert%20Sommer.htm>

  <https://ei.eventinfotech.com.au/ei/rs.esp?id=886&scriptid=REG%20>

For full program details and to register, visit
www.icap2010.com <http://www.icap2010.com/>

  <http://www.icap2010.com/reg.php>

If you do not wish to receive future messages regarding the ICAP2010,
please follow the link on the unsubscribe button below.