[Commpsych] FW: ICAP 2010: Call for Abstracts closes soon!

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Sun Nov 22 13:06:14 WST 2009

Hi to all my SCRA-W and Commpsych friends

The International Congress of Applied Psychology will be held here in Melbourne, Australia in July 2010. Below is the final call for papers -- asa member of the program committee I understand the closing date of 1 December is about to be extended until mid-January, and I am very keen to organise at least one feminist/community psychology offering if possible.  It would be great to have an international symposium or forum across several countries besides Australia, so do let me know if you're interested. I'd be particularly keen to develop a symposium on feminist/CP ethics vis a vis ethical codes and guidelines. I've only just become aware of the existence of the Universal Declaration of Ethical Principles for Psychologists (2008). Available at the following website http://www.iupsys.org/ethics/univdec2008.html <https://mail.psychology.org.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.iupsys.org/ethics/univdec2008.html>   Also at www.cpa.ca <https://mail.psychology.org.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.cpa.ca/>

Please consider how your work might fit with this major international conference, and let me know if you'd like to be involved in a joint submission.  Apart from organised symposia, there is likely to be even more scope for individual papers, electronic posters etc.

We'd love to see some of you in Melbourne next year - even though it will be mid-winter here,  it's the best time to visit the Great Barrier Reef, Top End/Kakadu and Uluru if you've never travelled this way before.

Warm regards

Heather

Heather Gridley
School of Social Sciences and Psychology
Footscray Park Campus (Monday and Friday)
Victoria University
PO Box 14428
Melbourne VIC 8001
Australia