[Commpsych] brochure Community Psychology on APS website

Trudy Rosenwald trosenwald at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 26 12:02:21 WST 2009

I am exploring assignment options at Australian Volunteers International (AVI)http://www.australianvolunteers.com/work/index.asp.
AVI is currently recruiting for placement in april 2010 and has an information evening in Perth on 6 August.  I was surprised and dismayed to find that psychology was not listed among the skills needed http://www.australianvolunteers.com/work/index.asp?menuid=160.030 . Searching the extensive website I only found one reference to psychology or psychologist, namely Christine Baker of Townsville had done a recent stint in Sri Lanka http://australianvolunteers.com/index.asp?menuid=180.030.040&art_id=2071

I am going to write to AVI to alert it to the fact that Community Psychologists are particularly suited to asssignments in mental health (it only lists medical professions such a doctors, nurses and psychiatrists), social justice (it only lists law and justice for legal professionals) and community/social development ( it lists social workers, sociologists and community developers among others, but not psychologists, let alone community psychologists).

I would also like to send them a link to the excellent Community Psychology brochure I found in my 11th Trans-Tasman Com Psych Conference pack.  The information from the brochure is on the APS website but not in brochure print-out form.   Could somebody direct me to a link to the brochure please as I would also like to use it for other job applications.

Many thanks.

Trudy Rosenwald