[Commpsych] AusCommPsych

Katie Thomas Katie.Thomas at curtin.edu.au
Sat Jul 25 18:47:02 WST 2009

Thanks Neil...  Here's to discipline survival in OZ. Following that thought....Although this survey is not Australia based please consider participating because IF enough of us from the South Pacific region complete the survey we could use the aggregate data to highlight some of the basic skill advantage of a Community Psychology degree.

The disaggregated data (there is also room for national/personal comment) could possibly be of use to us in demonstrating the need for Comm Psych graduate and undergraduate programs in Australia. It takes about 5 minutes.

Apologies for cross postings and do feel free to forward to other CP colleagues who may not be on these lists.

Thank you

Katie

Remember that "LAST CALL to complete our survey on CP competencies, essential for accurate SCRA planning"?  Well, we are getting so close to one of our best samples ever that we are extending the deadline THROUGH SEPT. 30.    Chairs of Committees and Groups CC'd, I now ask that you send perioidic reminders to your full membership to complete the survey, perhaps following by a few days the reminders like this you will see on the listserv from the SCRA Pres.  and the Practice Group folks running the survey.  NOTE ALSO:  at the end of this email is very helpful SurveyMonkey information about how to troubleshoot problems with survey access (with my identifying information in the middle of this advice-- don't ask- I need my own personal email help desk).  Many thanks, as always-- Mo

Hello to all-  There are significant changes upcoming in SCRA, designed to increase the impact of CP in society's challenges and increase the employability of CPists inside and outside of academia.  Your input into these changes is essential and that can be accomplished by responding to a survey below that asks about key CP competencies you find important in your work, what you experienced in your training, and what you see as essential for the CPists of the future.  Your responses will inform the work of the Practice Group, the Council of Education Programs, and the Executive Committee.

Please take a moment to respond.  PLEASE pass this message along to your colleagues in SCRA and especially to colleagues on SCRA-related  committees, interest groups, and task forces.  We need everyone to step up in a leadership role so that all voices and perspectives within our field are heard.  We cannot rely only on listserv messages, to be sure.

Please follow the link below and take time to respond.  Please respond promptly.  We assure you that your participation is very important, and we promise each member of SCRA will receive a copy of the final version of the Value Proposition, which also will be informed by the survey responses, for use in your own marketing.
Thank you for helping advance our profession and our employability.

  Survey Link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=0LQMebK0Km2o4CoxpkcVkQ_3d_3d

With deep appreciation for your willingness to respond to this pivotal request,
Mo

If javascript is not enabled on the respondent's browser, they may not be able to access the survey. For more information on this and other potential issues, please click here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/helpcenter/Answer.aspx?HelpID=388

<https://email.curtin.edu.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.surveymonkey.com/helpcenter/Answer.aspx?HelpID=388>
<https://email.curtin.edu.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.surveymonkey.com/helpcenter/Answer.aspx?HelpID=388>
<https://email.curtin.edu.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.surveymonkey.com/helpcenter/Answer.aspx?HelpID=388>

Dear All,

Katie thanks for your comments ... and hi from Oombulgurri where a hotspot occasionally gives me a small window on the world.  I was very sorry to miss the conference - it sounds like it was fantastic!  My congratulations also to everyone concerned - I echo the thanks to Anne, Lauren and AJ.

I look forward to hearing more when I get back to Perth prior to my departure for Broome - I am out of the loop of the discipline legitimation debate but certainly want to sincerely thank Katie and Di Costello for their legacy at Notre Dame.

When I joined UNDA as Head of Behavioural Science all the groundwork for the degree was in place and I was gifted the opportunity to continue to develop the degree I wish had been available when I was studying. So thanks for your foresight!

Hope this finds you all well.  Please feel free to come and see me in Broome.  Cheers,

Neil

Professor Neil Drew PhD
Dean
School of Arts and Sciences
The University of Notre Dame Australia
19 Mouat St. (PO BOX 1225)
FREMANTLE WA 6160

Tel:      + 61 8 9433 0103
Fax;     + 61 8 9433 6073
Email:  ndrew1 at nd.edu.au
CRICOS Code 01032F
IMPORTANT: This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you should not disclose, copy, disseminate or otherwise use the information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete or destroy the document. Confidential and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you. The University of Notre Dame Australia is not responsible for any changes made to a document other than those made by the University. Before opening or using attachments please check them for viruses and defects. Our liability is limited to re-supplying any affected attachments.