[Commpsych] 11th Trans-Tasman Community Psychology Conference

Trudy Rosenwald trosenwald at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 19 13:01:14 WST 2009

19 July 09

I attended the 3-day 11th Trans-Tasman Community Psychology Conference in Perth, WA last week and would like to congratulate the organising committee on a job well done and express my appreciation for their efforts and hard work.

I enjoyed the varied content of the conference and the multidisciplinary background and different locations of the speakers . I considered all presentations very relevant to community psychology and wanted to hear them all. From those I did manage to attend I felt reaffirmed about how essential the community psychology paradigm is to practitioners, researchers and policy and law makers alike.

I also liked the catering, the social programme, the convenient venue with affordable parking nearby and, last but not least, meeting other likeminded people.

Despite the lingering questions at the conference closure about the form the continuation of community psychology should and is taking,  the conference themes of "Exploring Boundaries, Expanding Frontiers" that came through  throughout the three days will stay with me.

Kind regards,

Trudy Rosenwald
Registered Psychologist
Medicare Provider 2817791X
Child Advocate
Adoption Consultant and Counsellor
Licensee Adoption Contact and Mediation
Founding Member Asia Pacific International Adoption Forum (APIAF)
PhD Candidate Edith Cowan University
ph 08 9572 1326
mobile 0419 941 670
email trosenwald at iinet.net.au