[Commpsych] FW: Advanced facilitation workshop, Brisbane, 8-9 August 2009

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Fri Jul 10 14:24:29 WST 2009

________________________________

From: Bob Dick [mailto:bd at uqconnect.net]
Sent: Fri 10/07/2009 4:06 PM
To: Heather Gridley
Subject: Advanced facilitation workshop, Brisbane, 8-9 August 2009

On the weekend of 8-9 August 2009 I'm offering my annual two day
skills-oriented workshop "Advanced facilitation".

If you have colleagues or clients whom you think it will benefit,
I'd be grateful if you'd bring it to their attention.  It's priced
at $594 ($540 + GST).  For payments received before 23 July there's
an early bird rate of $539 ($490 + GST). For deserving cases we also
offer a small number of half price bursaries.

The workshop is intended for people who already have some experience
in group facilitation.  It is likely to be relevant for managers and
team leaders, educators, and workers in extension or landcare.
Trainers who would like to move more into facilitation or
consultancy, or develop their skills at experiential approaches, may
also find it useful.  It's not necessary that participants think of
what they do as facilitation.

The workshop will help participants enhance their skills and
understanding through a mix of theory, instruction, and practice.

The content will be negotiated with participants.  However, it is
likely to include a choice from the following:

 o  preparatory work for groups: goal setting, climate setting,
    relationship and community building

 o  designing, observing and diagnosing group process

 o  facilitating learning, change, and/or meetings for problem
    solving and decision making

 o  intervening in group sessions and meetings

 o  dealing with "difficult" people and groups

 o  facilitating problem solving and decision making for complex
    issues ("wicked problems").

There will be opportunities for participants to practise
the skills in a supportive atmosphere, with helpful feedback.

I'll be using action research principles and processes to fine tune
the workshop as it progresses.  Knowing something of my style you
can probably guess that it will be experiential and participative,
with theory and practice well integrated.

Anyone interested will find further details on the Interchange website at

  http://www.uqconnect.net/action_research/wshops/ixws3advf.html

or if you wish I can email you an electronic version of a flyer.

Warm regards    --  Bob

  |  bd at uqconnect.net  http://www.uqconnect.net/action_research/ |