[Commpsych] FW: One day "story" workshop, Melbourne and Brisbane

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Thu May 29 16:10:00 WST 2008

________________________________

From: Bob Dick [mailto:bd at uqconnect.net]
Sent: Thu 8/05/2008 7:29 PM
To: Heather Gridley
Subject: One day "story" workshop, Melbourne and Brisbane

This is to let you know that Andrew Rixon and I will soon be
facilitating a one-day workshop on "story".  If you'd like to
attend, or you know someone else who would benefit, please read on.

We've titled it "Journeying with story: an experiential workshop on
the use of story for diagnosis and change".  As the title says, the
workshop will explore the use of story in understanding what is
happening, and in doing something about it.

Why story?  There are aspects of organisations (of all types) that
are not easily approached directly.  They are more likely to reveal
themselves using indirect methods like metaphor.  Story is one of
those methods.

When?  The workshop will be offered twice:

  Melbourne  10 June 2008 at The Metropole

  Brisbane   12 June 2008 at Riverglenn.

Both workshops will run from 8:30 to 4:30.

What?  Three emphases:

 o  how to elicit stories

 o  how to find out what they mean

 o  how to use them for change and transformation.

We'll explain -- and you'll experience -- specific techniques for
story elicitation and analysis.

There will be a mix of theory and practice.  You'll practice
techniques for eliciting stories and their interpretation.  You'll
have the opportunity to learn models and concepts which help to
explain why story works.

Who?  Anyone who would like to utilise the power of story for
diagnosis and transformation of organisations and other social
systems:

 o  Leader -- looking for ways to create shared vision and
    inspiration in your team

 o  Manager -- wanting to raise performance and morale

 o  OD or training professional -- looking for new ways to work with
    culture and transformation

 o  Consultant -- looking for powerful, dynamic and responsive
    approaches to working with organisations

 o  Facilitator -- seeking creative approaches to engaging around
    people and culture

How much?  $660 per person (or $550 if you qualify for our special
rate -- ask for details).  Handouts and refreshments will be
provided.

What else?  There's some more detail on Andrew's website:

  http://www.babelfishgroup.com/page.php?pid=10100&eventid=6

including a brochure with registration details.  Or phone Andrew
on 0400 352 809.

Warm regards    --  Bob