[Commpsych] Fw: [Kurongkurl] Stolen Generations Apology resource

Anne Sibbel asibbel at westnet.com.au
Thu Jan 31 09:07:09 WST 2008

Dear Colleagues

I am forwarding for your information this resource from Reconciliation
Australia (see below) about the long awaited Apology by the Australian
Government to the Stolen Generations of Indigenous Australians. We look
forward to February 13.

Please forward to any of your networks.

Thank you

Anne Sibbel.

Reconciliation Australia has been monitoring the media and is concerned that
there are many Australians who are confused or concerned about the proposed
apology.  There is a lot of misinformation and ignorance about it and we are
keen to get the facts out more broadly but given that the apology is likely
to happen in early February we don't have time to get out to the general
public so we are asking our friends for help.

It's important that non-Indigenous Australians see the apology as part of a
nation building process and something that we will all benefit from.

The resources on the Apology can be found on the www.reconcile.org.au
<http://www.reconcile.org.au/>  website and also linked from the RA website,
the address for the resource is:
http://www.reconcile.org.au/getsmart/pages/sorry.php.  The resource includes
a Frequently Asked Questions document that we will be adding to over the
coming weeks.  If you have any suggestions of new questions worth asking
please let me know.  The page can be found at
http://www.reconcile.org.au/getsmart/pages/sorry/sorry--faq.php.

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must
not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received
it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any
record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the
opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no
liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B