[Commpsych] FW: Conflict management workshop in Brisbane - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Thu Feb 7 19:50:55 WST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Dick [mailto:bd at uqconnect.net]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 January 2008 8:44 PM
To: Heather Gridley
Subject: Conflict management workshop in Brisbane

Dear Heather

On Saturday and Sunday 1-2 March I'm offering a two day workshop in
Brisbane on conflict management.

If you have colleagues or clients whom you think it will benefit,
I'd be grateful if you'd bring it to their attention.  It's priced
at $594, and for deserving cases we also offer a small number of
half price bursaries.

The emphasis will be on "win/win" conflict management. We'll begin
by examining "third party" mediation.  Workshop participants will
first practise mediating conflicts between two other people.
These basic processes can then be extended to other situations.

I expect the workshop to be especially relevant and helpful for
consultants and facilitators, who are expected to deal with conflict
wherever and whenever it arises.  However, anyone who faces
occasional conflict in their daily work and life is likely to find
the workshop valuable.

Knowing something of my style you can probably guess that the
workshop will be flexible, learner-centred, experiential and
participative.  Theory and practice will be well integrated.
Handouts will be provided.

Anyone interested will find further details and a registration form
on the Interchange web site at http://bobdick.com.au.  I also
welcome email enquiries at  bd at uqconnect.net

Warm regards    --  Bob

  |  bd at uqconnect.net  http://www.uqconnect.net/action_research/ |