[Commpsych] FW: Appreciating Narratives - PD workshop Friday afternoon, 27/7

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Sun Jul 22 19:22:41 WST 2007

Hi everyone

Just to warm you up in mid-winter, I'm attaching and pasting in below a
notice about a Community Psychology Professional Development workshop
this coming Friday afternoon. Places are still available due to the late
arrival of the latest APS Vic State newsletter, but be quick.

Julie Morsillo is a very lively presenter who will make sure
participants end the week on a high note.

Heather Gridley

School of Psychology

Footscray Park Campus (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday)

Victoria University

PO Box 14428

Melbourne VIC 8001

Australia

TEL +61 3 9919 5224

FAX +61 3 9919 4324

MOBILE: 0419 113 731

Email: heather.gridley at vu.edu.au

APS COLLEGE OF COMMUNITY PSYCHOLOGISTS,

Professional Development Workshop

Appreciating Narratives

Friday 27 July

1pm to 4.30pm

(Registration from 12.30pm)

Venue: Treacy Conference Centre, 126 The Avenue, Parkville

Cost (GST incl): $40; Community College Members: $20

Students/concession: $10. Refreshments will be provided

The Facilitator         Dr Julie Morsillo

Julie's PhD research explored an Appreciative Inquiry approach to
working with young people (students, gay and lesbian youth, and
refugees) to affirm their own social identity narratives and
collaboratively create community projects to enhance their social
connectedness.

The Workshop

The aim of this half-day workshop is to be both energising and practical
in equipping you with knowledge and skills relevant to your current
research and practice. Come to the workshop prepared to reflect on your
own story of surviving a challenge in your personal, professional or
community life, as a way of understanding our own narratives in order to
begin to understand others in therapeutic and research settings. In the
workshop we will explore ideas for celebrating stories of survival and
create imaginative ways forward.

                        Understand what is
                           imagine what can be, and
                                   create what will be.
                                       (Imagine Chicago)

Bookings essential, by Wednesday 25th July at the latest.

For more information or to register, contact Julie Morsillo -
Julie.Morsillo at vu.edu.au Ph: 0427 395 680.

P.S. Please BRING a memento or image to represent a treasured personal
or community story.