[Commpsych] Webinar this Tuesday 9 May 7-8.30pm AEST Digital Technology, social media and children &d young people - Dr Lyn O'Grady

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Fri May 5 10:40:38 AWST 2023

LATEST OFFERING FROM THE COLLEGE OF COMMUNITY PSYCHOLOGISTS (VIC) - SUPER TIMELY AS ALWAYS 🙂

The year is flying by and we are ready to announce our first PD offering for the year, with several more in the pipeline to follow shortly!

Attendance fees have been reduced for this year's schedule, and (providing speaker agreement) events will be recorded for viewing after the time - hopefully making the events more accessible for a range of audiences.

Coming up THIS TUESDAY, 9th May, from 7-8:30pm AEST we are lucky to have a return presentation from Dr Lyn O'Grady on a very current topic -

Digital Technology and children and young people - what do we know, what would we like to know and what do we do?

Whether we like it or not, digital technology is firmly embedded in our society. Concerns about children and young people include possible impacts on development, relationships, mental health and safety. Battles over devices erupt in many homes as parents struggle with setting limits within a context of shifting or unclear guidelines.  Educators increasingly wrestle with ways to utilise technology for learning while also ensuring that students are engaged and safe.  Many adults are also experiencing challenges in managing their own technology and finding ways to include it in a balanced life. This webinar will explore the current debates outline some of the current research (as well as current gaps in evidence and contradictions), consider factors that are relevant to our work with children, young people, families and education settings, and will also explore the positives that digital technology may bring to people's lives as well as our own work.

For full details and registration link here: https://psychology.org.au/event/23831<http://be.psychology.org.au/ls/click?upn=xftCvoRZRbcW1HUP8zfNNHlKHn-2BRycHmgiAtSqrfIbDcUsYEtbhU1vRV14iNVW-2BekKHQ_LkNaGjuMCrzJijP9uh5w51wVkQcRLq1ZICyrjgtqsTt-2BQZlmg1lHnd1ufA1l1eaMZZBNb3OtZCIf6cALpQMmh8jNLs7MLWqYHvSoonMJ2woztkm8OUkH-2FOa4pwm6N8lectsY6azlUX-2FZ8YnnoGq8VstxsZvIna8eY46iT0yiYylmBBmAjbUVic-2FWdCi6PJoASi3ShtdOy0TBpQ2uzvnlaCa1AAGP8kn766zN73abUOw-3D>

Hoping the weekend is restful and/or productive whatever it includes.

Heather Gridley OAM FAPS

E: heather.gridley at vu.edu.au

Ph: +61 419113731