[Commpsych] FW: Call for Papers: Special Gender-focused Issue of the Australian Community Psychologist (2024)

Heather Gridley hmgridley50 at outlook.com
Sat Jun 10 21:21:30 AWST 2023

Very excited to be sharing this Call for Papers for a special gender-focused issue of the Australian Community Psychologist - full submissions are due Monday 4 September, 2023, but there's plenty of activity and support available between now and the deadline.
Aim and scope of the special issue
The idea to develop this special issue has grown from conversations within the Australian Psychological Society Women & Psychology Interest Group, as we considered the unfolding gendered dimensions and impacts of the pandemic in our work, communities, and practice. We are not alone in our observations. There has been an evolving, public analysis of gender and the pandemic over the last couple of years, often with attention to health and wellbeing, economic, and social impacts (Amos et al., 2022; Bromwich, 2023; UN Women, 2020). When we have invited others to discuss this topic with us, we have noticed a huge diversity of issues being raised, as well as a range of ways that people are thinking about and engaging with gender in their work. We wish to explore and progress these conversations in a dedicated special issue of the Australian Community Psychologist (ACP). We welcome contributions from community members, practitioners, students, academics, and others interested in this topic. We especially welcome contributions which consider:

  *   LGBTQIA+ communities
  *   First Nations communities
  *   Violence and coercive control
  *   Sexual and reproductive health and wellbeing
  *   Gendered dynamics in workplaces
Ways that people can contribute to the special issue
We are interested and encourage a range of submission modes, whether in traditional or non-traditional academic formats - or both.
This can include journal articles, research reports and practice issues (for details, please see ACP submission guidelines: https://psychology.org.au/for-members/publications/journals/australian-community-psychologist<http://be.psychology.org.au/ls/click?upn=xftCvoRZRbcW1HUP8zfNNHlKHn-2BRycHmgiAtSqrfIbC1KnzurfuFOsnwosIm-2FMqnrzdsnHB-2BhsFbxMfNdovi8CX-2F8sZSZvIvW1AJYlMIbjmfPjdXIv1xalhWVE1g6G1VZNSS8-2BSmS0BsdOoim1zwaw-3D-3Dpxsd_mfK5xqFFqOdX01Y9Fuf9l7NSTD8a9aAMRWkp96C-2B0s5OpflMrqxZn2DZvXUhN1vnweyjYzgFqFyiRzAxY5H-2BOabFTV-2BKK9u5GL3vr9WwUxvkH-2BjFNyalKwyyJwOibPty6F4dmUwPnLuJTuN0cgw0dVrH-2BUa-2FLMnZBUTxEzd4iLrWVEvPm4QIPPHGjlb01V41U-2B-2FjMOjE8Kt4GhtD8-2FoSHp9co-2F0UJfrf8gOYgFipNlU-3D>).
We are also interested in Briefings & Analysis submissions, which provide information and/or analysis regarding a particular topic (e.g. analysis of policy).
We welcome other forms of writing, such as poetry, as well as the inclusion of artwork and other visual material (e.g. comic book, photo essay). Please contact us to discuss any other ideas not mentioned here.
The journal accepts submissions of up to 10,000 words, however we would suggest a limit of 6,000 words to aid readability.
Possible workshop to help develop submissions
We are gauging interest in holding an online workshop designed to:

  *   provide encouragement and guidance to support the development of a full submission.
  *   explore how to provide constructive and supportive reviews, as well as consider ideas for how, as an author, to respond to reviews.
If you are interested in participating in the workshop, please let us know by email (see below).
Full submissions are due Monday 4 September, 2023. We are very happy to discuss any queries or ideas you have- feel free to contact
Bróna (b.nicgiollaeaspaig at cdu.edu.au<mailto:b.nicgiollaeaspaig at cdu.edu.au>), Heather (hmgridley50 at outlook.com<mailto:hmgridley50 at outlook.com>), Bernadette (bernadette_durkan at hotmail.com<mailto:bernadette_durkan at hotmail.com>), Alysia (Alysia.Robertson at anu.edu.au<mailto:Alysia.Robertson at anu.edu.au>) or Rachael (editor.acp at outlook.com<mailto:editor.acp at outlook.com>)