[Commpsych] Comm Psych Community of Practice online Tue 29 August 6.30-8pm AEST

Heather Gridley hmgridley50 at outlook.com
Wed Aug 23 15:14:41 AWST 2023

Hello everyone

Please join us for our next Community of Practice on Tuesday, 29th August 2023 6.30–8.00pm AEST

Here's the link:

Join Zoom Meeting here:  https://psychology-au.zoom.us/j/81393320221?pwd=RlQ5VzNsQnJHYUxaR1ZSL2pRalFVQT09

Meeting ID:  813 9332 0221

Passcode:  369023

For this month's Community of Practice we'll hear from several community psychs who attended the joint APS/NZPS/S Member Choice Symposium in Wellington in May. We'll share some highlights and take-home learnings stemming mainly from the twin (but separate) themes of Trauma and Neurodiversity, along with the outstanding First Nations content threaded throughout the three days. You can check out the program here.<https://apsevents.eventsair.com/QuickEventWebsitePortal/2023-aps-mcs/2023-mcs-program/Agenda> Feel free to ask us some questions-on-notice or tell us what you're really keen to hear about.  Here's what we've discussed for starters:

Helen Killmier: I can talk about the presentations on Neurodiversity Affirming Practice. Guidestar is neurodiversity affirming so it's a topic I'm familiar with and the conference resources were pretty good.
Philippa Frances: The things that struck me most about the conference were the empowered voices and stories of marginalised people, the way we were held all the way through by Maori and aboriginal mentors, and the unexpected (for me at least) synchronicity of the trauma and neurodiversity themes.
Elise Bryant:  I thought the "Immersive Education" sessions were a highlight, seeing the community psychology work in practice for strong cultures, strong community groups, environmental care, Indigenous psychological knowledge, etc. Neurodiversity affirming + strengths focus was great too.
Heather Gridley: Most of my notes were from the various Indigenous & Maori presentations but I also picked up some unexpected new info on neurodiversity (probably not new to most of you). And Hilary Lapsley, Colleen Turner and I had fun with our session as well :)

Hope you can join us for a touch of Kiwi magic

Heather

Heather Gridley OAM FAPS

e: hmgridley50 at outlook.com<mailto:hmgridley50 at outlook.com>

m: 0419 113731