[Commpsych] Fw: Free Seminar Thur 24 March: Decolonising psychology and the transformative role of the Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project.

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Fri Mar 11 14:33:09 AWST 2022

Decolonising psychology and the transformative role of the
Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project

Thursday 24 March 1-2.30pm AEHD

This presentation, led by Professor Pat Dudgeon, will examine the definitions and applications of critical race theory and decolonisation, in the context of the discipline of psychology. Decolonising psychology in the Australian context will be discussed with reference to the Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project (AIPEP). AIPEP is an innovative Aboriginal-led project pioneering the way in transforming and decolonising higher education in psychology. AIPEP aims to increase the cultural responsiveness and capacity of the emerging and current mental health workforce to work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. This ground-breaking project further aims to increase student support of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander psychology students. Finally, we will consider and explore the role that each of us play in decolonising psychology and transforming education for the next generation of students and workforce.

Free zoom presentation & all are welcome (details in attached flyer) - register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/decolonising-psychology-tickets-278031699297?utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-medium=discovery&utm-term=listing&utm-source=cp&aff=escb>

Heather Gridley

Honorary Fellow

College of Health and Biomedicine