[Commpsych] Fw: Don't let this vote be a lost opportunity for Community or Counselling Psychology

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Sun Oct 17 20:41:19 AWST 2021

Just forwarding this message from the APS College of Counselling Psychologists (with some edits from me to include a community psych angle!)
 - the basic sentiments are much the same.
This year we have:
5 candidates for President-elect, three of whom have been Presidents previously, another who has been a Board member, and one (the only woman) who would be new to the Board if elected.
2 candidates for the Division of Colleges position, which is to represent members who belong to a college other than (or as well as) the Clinical College - either Catriona Davis McCabe or Michael Burge, both Counselling College members. Catriona is also standing for President-elect, so if she is successful there, Michael will automatically be elected to this position. 3 candidates for the Division of General Psychological Practice position, which is reserved for non-College and non-Academic members, so only general (registered or provisional) psychologist members can vote for that one. All 3 candidates there are women, and they all look like good value - pity only one can be elected [??]
You can find vote electronically by following the e-trail at: http://www.psychology.org.au/<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.psychology.org.au%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR02KOCT1X86NvPVamSGNKGJDiqvGEvxjQVub2h6WoGG4pkPE-p_mlRLLwE&h=AT2XtAVQU7PwYXWYH1lmd2Hd1iauMBqaI5soaAOI9RU4X7PVEw_PhHModVWng58OOFUOpN7VyouRp5jM3KuNIrokvZadczT9-Bf8seBG2MoMC1mcXsh22s9WtKvXGbIfkDmvErt9LMHxJaeAEQ&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT2njFPheGczX3_X3I2Iae49Bb-5OQcUio8udaZ41xzse-t0kQDvQF1BdzsesXpC17OCdEXZ2t4dQiz03Rdy1EfFx_VeCp1ArHwgElnSefe_b2f4IXUEr2XOn3V06p9woLaHogPBSpUJgVXlLAJTKHjeIevygnt76USCf-WuSAS0eAzw6n9t_NOyi4vskvcrECU-UNKEi4k>   The APS system is optional preferential, so you only need to number the squares of your preferred candidate(s), and not the whole list. And if you don't think you know the APS candidates well enough to make an informed choice, read their statements and videotaped answers to member questions online. (Or ask me!)
If you can't join the AGM on Thursday, you can appoint a proxy to attend and vote on your behalf. Honorary Fellows, Fellows, Members and Associate Members are entitled to vote at a general meeting of the APS and can appoint a proxy. Appointed proxies do not need to be an APS member, and you don't need a person's permission to nominate them as your proxy, although of course you should always check of they are actually going to attend the meeting. I am unable to attend this year, so can't offer to be your proxy, but I understand Community College Chair Helen Killmier will be there and is happy to take your proxy.
Feel free to ask me privately for more info on any of the above [??] .
Cheers
Heather
Heather Gridley

Heather Gridley