[Commpsych] Getting started as women in Psychology - webinar tomorrow night 6-7.30 - all genders welcome

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Mon Jun 15 11:24:37 AWST 2020

Students and recent graduates might be especially interested in the APS Women & Psychology Interest Group's webinar this Tuesday evening on 'Getting Started as Women in Psychology' - we've been doing this live in Melbourne and Sydney on and off for years but it's just the second time we've gone online and hence national - $10 APS Women & Psychology & student members, $20 other APS members, $40 everyone else... all genders welcome.

This webinar introduces participants, especially students and recent graduates, to the psychology profession, and explores some of the issues facing women as beginning psychologists. Participants are encouraged to send in questions for the panel ahead of time about any starting out issues.You can ask the panel questions related to supervision, mentoring, finding work and managing the transition from student to practitioner - and maybe even a question on where feminism sits in relation psychology?!  Register at https://www.psychology.org.au/Event/21552<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.psychology.org.au%2FEvent%2F21552%3Fview%3Dtrue%26fbclid%3DIwAR3GLt5ouNe2RIuqRF7DozCkdVCGrEtux61vRFOuvOcs-kgdf4p0LkQcgxM&h=AT2RsRxdY5t_RJJEfGucSbkbNJx1IOhHSzZjm-CzoomUuy2_5mtsAXiNUSLovrcUcrA-S6kLPISn14Dvy-sGCJD9X5hINbDTH10Qa84bTOnRBdBQpQQC_-Ee1SOad2-c4gf0r4S1TRmKtTGM9zaVC5qPAYNHAr09vA>

  *   Paths to registration: 4+2, 5+1, Masters and Doctorate degrees
  *   Managing the transition process from graduate to practitioner
  *   Requirements for PsyBA registration/endorsement and APS membership/college membership
  *   Finding work as a provisionally registered or recently graduated psychologist (private practice, agency work, research, academia, etc.)
  *   Fair play in the volunteer and professional training sectors
  *   Getting started in private practice – or not?
  *   Supervision and mentoring
  *   Membership of the Women and Psychology Interest Group

Contact person for enquiries and questions for the panel: carmel at psychrespect.com<mailto:carmel at psychrespect.com>

Heather Gridley

Honorary Fellow

College of Health and Biomedicine