[Commpsych] Opportunity for Psychologist (or Provisional) - Positive Behaviour Support in Melbourne

Helen Killmier hkillmier at bigpond.com
Wed May 29 13:16:56 AWST 2019

This may be of interest to Community Psychologists - please feel free to
pass on to anyone you think may be interested.

Guidestar are currently seeking another psychologist to join our team in
Melbourne

Psychologist – Positive Behaviour Support
Guidestar provides psychology and positive behaviour support services
for adults and children with cognitive impairment and complex support
needs. We also have a growing psychology practice and a training
division located in Melbourne’s Northern region.
We are passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of people
with cognitive impairments with multiple support needs through the
provision of evidence-based, trauma-informed, individualised behaviour
assessment and support. We are a registered NDIS provider with
significant experience in government and community-based services. Our
team is diverse and transdisciplinary with qualifications, specific
training, and practical experience in Psychology, Disability, Community
Services, Mental Health and Forensic services. Our practitioners have a
strong passion for supporting people with a disability, their families
and supporters.
As a psychologist working in positive behaviour support you will
    * Collect data, conduct observations and work directly with a person
and their supporters to understand why they are displaying behaviours of
concern.
    * Develop comprehensive functional behaviour assessments that are
centred on a person’s goals and aspirations.
    * Develop reports in user friendly formats that address the referral
purpose.
    * Maintain documented evidence to demonstrate process and support
recommendations.
    * Develop visual aids that are reflective of the support needs of
the person and the targeted audience.
    * Provide training to staff, families and supporters in positive
behaviour support and assist in practice implementation.
    * Communicate professionally and be responsive when working with
external providers within complex care teams.
    * Be able to work independently.
    * Have strong administrative and record keeping skills, ensuring
adherence to privacy legislation and confidentiality.

Key Selection Criteria
    * Registered psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia or
provisional psychologists with relevant experience in supporting people
with disability
    * Strong demonstrated values fit with Guidestar
    * Experience providing clinical and/or behaviour assessment,
intervention and support;
    * Experience working with families, supporters and allied health
professionals;
    * Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including
the ability to provide clinical advice and consultancy services, deliver
training programs and produce high quality written reports.
    * Contemporary understanding of disability and trauma-informed
support, evidence-based practice principles and an ability to apply this
theoretical knowledge to client support.
    * A focus on supporting a person to increase their quality of life
through self-determination and person-centred practice.
    * Initiative and the capacity to work autonomously;
    * Current driver’s licence and willingness to use own vehicle for
travel.

What we offer

Professional, flexible and harmonious working environment;
Ongoing individual clinical and peer supervision;
Generous remuneration according to staff training and experience;
Ongoing staff development;
Values-based, supportive, caring team environment;
Work from various locations including from home;
A wide range of educational resources;

Please note that interviews will be conducted as appropriate
applications are received. Should the right applicant be found prior to
the expiration of the advertisement, no further interviews will be
arranged.
Please see our website for Position Description and details on how to
apply.
https://guidestarlife.com.au
Applications by COB 28 June 2019.
If you have any queries, please contact Helen Killmier on 0408 593 638.