[Commpsych] APS Election

Helen Killmier hkillmier at bigpond.com
Sun Sep 23 13:57:31 AWST 2018

Dear fellow APS members,

Make your vote count for the APS Board of Directors closing on September
27.

My name is Helen Killmier and I am standing for APS Division of Colleges
in the election.

In June 2017, I founded a disability organisation and counselling
practice
working with NDIS recipients with high and complex needs. The work I do
encompasses
clinical, counselling and community and I have a strong appreciation of
the value
of each discipline and skill set.

I believe that as a profession we have to stand together and all
psychologists
should be valued and respected. My belief is that the ability to do the
work
should drive the rebate, not the training received.

I am concerned about:

·
Unity within the profession

·
The need to recognise experience
and skills as well as qualifications

·
Equity within the Medicare,
NDIS, DVA and Centrelink systems

·
Being a strong voice on the
Board to represent all members, find common ground and seek solutions

I am a Company Director
with over 20 years Board experience. I have been an APS Member for more
than 20
years, an active member of the College of Community Psychologists and
participated
on committees. I have worked in the not-for-profit and local government
sectors
as well as private practice and have a great deal of experience
advocating to
state and federal governments. I will work for transparent and fair
decision
making, clear accountability, improved communication with members and
better
access for all to psychological services.

I bring experience in:

    * Governance
    * Negotiation and mediation
    * Strategic Planning and Policy
    * Advocacy
    * Corporate, Executive and Private Practice