[Commpsych] Hello again comrades .... here are some Com Psy teaching resources

Paul Duckett paulduckett68 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 16:02:33 AWST 2018

Dear Com Psy colleagues,
I have been away for a while. I have been working at Victoria University
(Melbourne) since 2012 and have been engaged in work that has kept me more
distant from my Com Psy colleagues than I would have wished.
At the end of 2017 Victoria University ran out of money and made a number
of positions redundant. One of those positions was mine. This somewhat put
a dampener on my Xmas! so I am now trying to reconnect to Com Psy by
reconnecting with my old networks.

I also wanted to share some resources with you that I have been developing
on YouTube and Sound Cloud over the past couple of years for the teaching I
have been involved with in Com Psy and in the History of Psychology.
Previously, these were private resources used in class but now I am
effectively unemployed, I can now go more fully public with them.

I have listed them below along with their YouTube or SoundCloud links. I am
hoping some of you might find some use for these resources. Share the links
with anyone who you think might be able to put them to good use. All I ask
is if you like the vodcasts and podcasts that you give me a 'thumbs up' and
if you use them, you give me non-monetary credit.

Kind thoughts,
Paul

*Community Psychology Upstream Story 2017*

3D modelling animation – visual metaphor portraying the concept of
Prevention and asking what place prevention has in psychology. The metaphor
is based on the parable of the physician by McKinlay (1979).

*Duration: 2m30s*
LINK: https://youtu.be/d8sfjAYi6mI

*History of Psychology – Psychoanalysis Vodcast, 2017*

A lecture vodcast delivered on an undergraduate level 3 unit on the History
of Psychology. This lecture looks at the historical context of
psychoanalysis linking to research paradigms and the socio-economic
contexts.

*Duration: 42mins*

LINK: https://youtu.be/xBZP0c5vGQg

* Psychology Research Paradigms Video Quiz Psychoanalysis vs
Behaviourism Vodcast 02017*

Example of video quiz used for Level 3 undergraduate students taking a unit
of study on the History of Psychology. This quiz contrasts the research
paradigms adopted by psychoanalysis and behaviourism.

* Duration: 6mins*

LINK: https://youtu.be/6WAlm5AGc_Y

*History of Psychology Music Video 2017*

Music video to introduce level 3 undergraduate students to key content of a
unit on the History of Psychology. It is about connecting a History of
Psychology to broader political, cultural and economic contexts

* Duration: 3mins*

LINK: https://youtu.be/e4N0HPGEEgI

 *History of Psychology Lecture Vodcast 2017*
A vodcast of lecture 1 given on a History of Psychology to level 1
undergraduate students.

* Duration: 33mins*

LINK: https://youtu.be/lLZJRsmRLKQ

* Psychology the Movie ….   2017*
A visual metaphor - depiction of a history of psychology that is
celebratory – used to contrast with a critical approach to the history of
Psychology.

*Duration: 50s*

LINK: https://youtu.be/kNcB9Gbskvc

*Vodcast for conference session 'Up the Community Psychologist' at the
Society for Research and Action Conference in Ottawa, Canada, June, 2017. *

*Duration; 10mins*

LINK: https://youtu.be/3NKx0T6CN6k

*Community Psychology PowerPoint Presentation on Ecological Analysis 2016*
PowerPoint presentation used in-class with Level 4 students (Hons) taking a
unit of study in community psychology
(no audio).

*Duration; 1m 30s*

LINK: https://youtu.be/dzuzwa5psfk

* APA4015 Podcast on Being Critical about Community Psychology 2016*
Part 1 of an audio podcast used in a flipped classroom for community
psychology students at Level 4 (Hons).

*Duration; 26mins*

https://soundcloud.com/paul-duckett-836214414/compsyapa4015

* Audio Podcast on Anger in the Workplace*

This is a 15 minute keynote address for the 12th Asia-Pacific Symposium on
Emotions in Worklife (APSEW), In this talk I explore mainstream
psychological approaches to the management of emotion as applied to the
workplace.

* Duration: 19 minutes*

LINK: https://soundcloud.com/paul-duckett-836214414

*Upstream Story: Community Psychology and Prevention*

This is a story that illustrates the concept of Prevention. It was used for
teaching on year 4 community psychology subject at an Victoria University,
Australia. The story is based on the parable of the physician byMcKinlay
(1979).

*Duration: 8mins*

Warning, this was one of my earliest attempts at podcasting and I set my
levels wrong (too much base). I sound a bit like Barry White!