[Commpsych] Fw: Support for Awel to present at SCRA

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Fri Jun 2 17:07:17 WST 2017

Hi all

I've just donated to this campaign to help Awel Aweng to the SCRA Biennial in Ottawa later this month. Awel is a co-founder of New Change, the young African women’s leadership group that presented at the recent Trans-Tasman Conference in Community Psychology in Melbourne, and it would be just amazing to have her travel to Canada to carry the group's message of hope and optimism to the wider world. (A pretty good promo for the best of Vic Uni too, thanks to Ali Baker's involvement).

Whether you're going to Ottawa yourself or not (I am one of the lucky ones), contributing to Awel's crowd-funding effort could be your way of sharing in the northern summer sunshine 😊

Heather

Heather Gridley

Honorary Fellow

College of Arts