No subject

Fri May 9 14:35:56 WST 2014

for loans and renewals at all branches.
Many of you are already using our self-checkout borrowing kiosks, and our P=
reston branch has been encouraging self checkout since February this year.

If you haven=92t yet made the jump to self checkout, the borrowing kiosks a=
re quick and easy to use, and we=92ll have plenty of staff available to ass=
ist you. Find out more<http://darebinlibraries.cmail1.com/t/i-l-zuuuyy-thmd=
jur-tr/>

Secret Histories of Queer Melbourne

[Secret Histories of Queer Melbourne]

Discover the hidden world of Melbourne=92s queer past with Graham Willett, =
the president of the Australian Lesbian and Gay Archives and co-editor of T=
he Secret Histories of Queer Melbourne.
Graham will take us on a virtual history tour through the iconic streets, p=
arks and pubs of Melbourne and reveal the fascinating stories of =93pleasur=
e and pain, repression and resistance, love and lust=94 that hide beneath.
Using photographs sourced from numerous archives and private collections an=
d interviews with the men and women who were there, Graham will bring to li=
fe the vibrant, but little known subculture of queer Melbourne.
Book online<http://darebinlibraries.cmail1.com/t/i-l-zuuuyy-thmdjur-ty/> or=
 call 1300655355.
Thurs 5 June =95 7pm =96 8pm =95 Northcote Library

Girls to Women; Sharing our Stories through the Seasons

[Girls to Women]

A panel of guest speakers, music, food, henna art, coffee cup fortune telli=
ng =96 at this evening of entertainment we will embrace and explore what it=
 means to be a woman in our wonderfully diverse cultures and through the se=
asons of life.
You'll hear from an amazing array of speakers with backgrounds in health, c=
ommunity development, Aboriginal affairs and Melbourne's multicultural and =
refugee groups.
Don=92t miss this chance to hear their stories, share your own and enjoy th=
e other entertainments!
Presented by Darebin Libraries in partnership with the Darebin Intercultura=
l Centre and Crimson Movement.
Book online<http://darebinlibraries.cmail1.com/t/i-l-zuuuyy-thmdjur-tj/> or=
 call 1300655355.
Tues 10 June =95 6pm =96 8pm =95 Darebin Intercultural Centre

Andrew Rule =96 Behind the Crime

[Andrew Rule]

As a crime journalist for The Age and the Herald Sun, Andrew Rule has provi=
ded us with the vicarious thrill of an insight into Australia=92s most noto=
rious and chilling crimes for the past 30 years.
He has been awarded the Gold Walkley, Australian journalism=92s highest awa=
rd, as well as eight Quills awards and the Graham Perkin Journalist of the =
Year award twice. Andrew Rule is perhaps best recognised as the co-author (=
along with John Silvester), of the hugely popular Underbelly and Chopper tr=
ue crime books.
Book early for what's certain to be a very popular author visit, presented =
in partnership with the State Library of Victoria and Public Libraries Vict=
oria Network.
Book online<http://darebinlibraries.cmail1.com/t/i-l-zuuuyy-thmdjur-tt/> or=
 call 1300655355.
Tues 17 June =95 7pm =96 8pm =95 Preston Library

Wills and Power of Attorney =96 presented in Vietnamese

[Wills and Power of Attorney]

Learn about making and changing a will, executors, medical Power of Attorne=
y and more in this free information session presented by Darebin Community =
Legal Centre.
Book online<http://darebinlibraries.cmail1.com/t/i-l-zuuuyy-thmdjur-ti/> or=
 call 1300655355.
Wed  11 June =95 7pm =96 8.30pm =95 Preston Library

Darebin Digital Sessions

[Darebin Digital Sessions]

Get your computer and internet skills up to speed with Darebin Libraries' D=
igital Sessions.

iTunes for Beginners
Learn how to set up an iTunes account and download music and movies on your=
 iPad, iPod or computer.  No need to bring your own device =96 all procedur=
es will be demonstrated by the presenter from Stay In Touch.
Book online<http://darebinlibraries.cmail1.com/t/i-l-zuuuyy-thmdjur-td/> or=
 call 1300655355.
Tues 3 June =95 7pm =96 8.30pm =95 Reservoir Library

Digital Drop-In Session
If you=92ve got a quick technology-related question or task that you=92d li=
ke some one-on-one help with, drop in anytime during this session with your=
 device and we=92ll see if we can help.
If we can=92t answer your query we=92ll try to point you in the right direc=
tion.
Register for a reminder online<http://darebinlibraries.cmail1.com/t/i-l-zuu=
uyy-thmdjur-th/> or call 1300655355.
Wed 18 June =95 11am =96 12pm =95 Fairfield Library

Out of Africa

[Out of Africa]

Storyteller and performer, Valanga Khoza, will bring Africa to life through=
 stories, song and dance.
Valanga was born in South Africa and spent his youth in Alexandra, a black =
township in Johannesburg, and in rural Transvaal. Growing up in a community=
 where many could neither read or write, music, dance and storytelling were=
 an integral part of the culture of his people. Don't miss this family-frie=
ndly event!
Book online<http://darebinlibraries.cmail1.com/t/i-l-zuuuyy-thmdjur-tk/> or=
 call 1300655355.
Sat 14 June =95 2pm =96 3pm =95 Preston Library

Is your child ready for school?

[Is your child ready for school?]

A free forum presented by Sally Ward from Early Life Foundations and Darebi=
n Family and Children=92s Services, to help parents decide when to send the=
ir child to school.
Sally will discuss how a child=92s individuality, social and emotional deve=
lopment, resilience, maturity and confidence contribute to his or her readi=
ness for school.
Book online<http://darebinlibraries.cmail1.com/t/i-l-zuuuyy-thmdjur-tu/> or=
 call 1300655355.
Mon 16 June  =95 6.30pm =96 7.45pm  =95 Northcote Library