[Commpsych] Women and Psychology - Una Gault Symposium this Saturday - hot off the press...

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Thu Nov 28 15:13:59 WST 2013

Hello everyone

We're delighted that more than 30 people have now registered for Saturday's APS Women & Psychology inaugural Una Gault Symposium, to be co-hosted by Victoria University at its City Campus, 300 Flinders St. We are looking forward to a very stimulating and enjoyable day.  Although registrations can no longer be taken on the APS website, we are happy to take registrations on the day.  However late registrants will need to bring or buy their own lunch as catering numbers have been finalised. The VU staff members cost (without lunch) on the day will be at the student rate of $50.

Just a couple of important updates:

First, we have had to move rooms from Level 12 to level 9 (Room 15) at the Flinders St venue - hopefully that will be clearly signed in the ground floor foyer.

Second, and more unfortunately, one of our invited presenters, Karen Carlson, has had to withdraw following unanticipated surgery - we will be thinking of Karen on the day and wishing her a speedy recovery down in Hobart.

The good news is that Dr Liz Short, who was the 2009 recipient of the Elaine Dignan Award, has agreed to step in and present her work on “Conceiving the family: Australian lesbian women’s accounts of conception decisions in relation to known and unknown sperm providers, and of their relationships (or lack thereof) with these men". Liz's paper further expands the range of presentations on the day, in keeping with our intention of showcasing a variety of W & P research and practice with women. And as a VU Lecturer, Liz's involvement very nicely cements the partnership between our co-hosts in the VU College of Arts and the APS Women & Psychology Interest Group.

And I've attached a couple of pictures of the view from the venue, because I'm sure you'll all be too engrossed to gaze out the window on the day :)

If you have any last-minute queries, do let us know.

Heather

Heather Gridley

Honorary Fellow

College of Arts

Victoria University

Melbourne, Australia

E: heather.gridley at vu.edu.au<mailto:heather.gridley at vu.edu.au>

Ph: +61 419113731

This email, including any attachment, is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. It is confidential and may contain personal information or be subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure, reproduction or storage of it is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender via return email and delete it from your system immediately. Victoria University does not warrant that this email is free from viruses or defects and accepts no liability for any damage caused by such viruses or defects.