[Commpsych] FW: Brunswick Women's Choir - two special events - Movie night Thurs 2 May @ Westgarth and Mothers Day @ Werribee Zoo

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Sun Apr 21 21:19:25 WST 2013

Apologies for cross-postings but these

Brunswick Women’s Choir - An evening of film and song - Apologies for any cross-postings, but this movie night on Thursday week to Song for Marion at the Westgarth in Northcote pretty much qualifies as community psychology in action - if you don't believe me, check out the evidence on the community health benefits of singing in groups: http://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/Publications/Social-connection/Benefits-of-group-singing-for-community-mental-health-and-wellbeing.aspx

An evening of film and song
A fundraiser that’s fun…
Join us for a special fundraising screening of Song for Marion, a new British film starring Vanessa Redgrave and Terence Stamp on a ‘life affirming journey of musical discovery’. A comedic drama about a highly unconventional local choir… now that sounds like us!
A $22 ticket will buy you some gourmet nibbles, a brief sample of our current repertoire and a ticket to the movie at the Westgarth Cinema. Buy tickets from your friend or family member in the choir, or call Mel on 0413 376 194.
All funds raised will help us share music with choirs throughout Victoria on our upcoming tour (from 14 – 22 September, 2013).