[Commpsych] Call for proposals: Book on debt industry across the world

Serdar M. Degirmencioglu s_degirmencioglu at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 18:21:04 WST 2012

Dear colleagues,

Carl Walker and I are interested in putting together a book on personal debt. We prefer to work on a book because a book can offer the flexibility different authors or approaches might require.
With good geographical coverage, we hope the book will expose the debt industry and the suffering it causes across the world.

For the book, any chapter that does address 2 or 3 of the following would fit. We are particularly interested in points 2 and 3.

1. Describe extent and problem in a given context
2. Describe bank or institutional strategies and tactics
3. What is the psychological impact?
4. How does psychology serve debt?
5. How can the cycle of debt be distrupted?

We'd like to include chapters on the debt industry in Australia. If you are interested, please contact me for details.

Regards,

.

Prof. Dr. Serdar M. Degirmencioglu

Postal address: P.K. 18, Goztepe, 34730 Istanbul, Turkey
Phone: 90 - 533 - 341 3588