[Commpsych] an invitation to a full day forum on community participation in Community Health (Victoria)

Catherine DArcy Catherine.DArcy at kchs.org.au
Mon Oct 1 14:20:01 WST 2012

CREATING CONNECTIONS IN COMMUNITY HEALTH - a one day forum

Presented by the Community Participation in Community Health Network

Event Details:
Date: Monday, 8 October 2012
Time: 9.30am - 4.00pm
Venue: Department of Health, 50 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
Light refreshments provided.
Note: This is a free event, but places are strictly limited.

10AM

Welcome and introduction

10.10AM

Creating a Culture of Participation: Harnessing the "islands of excellence"

Presented by Kathleen Mitakakis, Inner South Community Health Services

10.50AM

Developing a Strategic Plan

Sally Ann Nadj and Mel Scrutton, MonashLink Community Health

11.30AM - 11.40AM Break

11.40AM

Engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities

Penny Christie, Knox Community Health

12.20PM - 1.10PM Lunch

1.10PM

Cultural Responsiveness Framework and Quality of Care Reporting

Rebecca Edwards and Magda Ziadeh, Southern Health

1.50PM

Primary Prevention within Culturally Diverse Communities

Bich Ha, North Yarra Community Health

2.30PM - 2.40PM Break

2.40PM

St Kilda Social Inclusion Project

Presented by Project Participants

3.20PM

Creating Community Connections in Community Health - Open Mike

Where to next?

PRIOR REGISTRATION IS ESSENTIAL. To register your attendance, please contact Nicky Barry on 0417 295 238 or email n.barry at healthissuescentre.org.au

Our Network acknowledges the traditional owners of the land on which we meet - the Wurundjeri people. We recognise their continuing connection to land, waterways and community. We pay our respect to them and their culture, and to their Elders past, present and future.

The Community Participation in Community Health Network is a peer-managed network for the Victorian Community Health Sector.

Today's Forum will showcase some of the new and innovative community participation and community engagement projects currently happening in the sector.

Catherine D'Arcy
Senior Health Promotion Officer
Knox Community Health Services
1063 Burwood Highway
Ferntree Gully 3156
9757 6261
catherine.darcy at kchs.org.au<mailto:catherine.darcy at kchs.org.au>

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.