[Commpsych] FW: "Advanced facilitation" workshop, 21-22 August, Brisbane

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Sun Aug 15 19:09:44 WST 2010

________________________________

From: Bob Dick [mailto:bd at uqconnect.net]
Sent: Fri 9/07/2010 8:05 PM
To: Heather Gridley
Subject: "Advanced facilitation" workshop, 21-22 August, Brisbane

On the weekend of 21-22 August 2010 I'm offering my annual two day
skills-oriented workshop "Advanced facilitation" in Brisbane.

If you have colleagues or clients whom you think it will benefit,
I'd be grateful if you'd bring it to their attention.  It's priced
at $660 ($600 + GST).  There's an early-bird rate for payments
received by 5 August.  For deserving cases we also offer a small
number of half price bursaries.

It is intended for people who already have some experience in group
facilitation.  It is likely to be relevant for managers and team
leaders, educators, and workers in extension or landcare.  Trainers
who would like to move more into facilitation or consultancy, or
develop their skills at experiential approaches, may also find it
useful.  They may not necessarily think of what they do as
facilitation.

The workshop will help participants enhance their skills and
understanding through a mix of theory, instruction, and practice.

The content will be negotiated with participants.  However, it is
likely to include a choice from the following:

 o  preparatory work for groups: goal setting, climate setting,
    relationship and community building

 o  designing, observing and diagnosing group process

 o  facilitating learning, change, and/or meetings for problem
    solving and decision making

 o  intervening in group sessions and meetings

 o  dealing with difficult people

 o  facilitating problem solving and decision making for complex
    issues.

There will be opportunities for participants to practise
the skills in a supportive atmosphere, with helpful feedback.

I'll be using action research principles and processes to fine tune
the workshop as it progresses.  Knowing something of my style you
can probably guess that it will be experiential and participative,
with theory and practice well integrated.

If you'd like further details you'll find them at

  http://www.bobdick.com.au/

if you click on the workshop title.  Or email me (see below).

Warm regards    --  Bob

--

  |  bd at uqconnect.net  http://uqconnect.net/action_research/ |

This email, including any attachment, is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. It is confidential and may contain personal information or be subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure, reproduction or storage of it is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender via return email and delete it from your system immediately. Victoria University does not warrant that this email is free from viruses or defects and accepts no liability for any damage caused by such viruses or defects.