[Commpsych] Opportunity to make a submission to WA Govt's strategic plan for Mental Health -2010-2020

Anne Sibbel asibbel at westnet.com.au
Thu Jul 2 09:31:08 WST 2009

Dear Colleagues

The Western Australian Department of Health is putting together their new strategic plan for 2010-20. They invite submissions from all organisations and individuals so this is our chance to have some input into mental health planning from a community psychology perspective. Please note the deadline has now been extended to 24 July. Please scroll down below my signature for details on making a submission.

Kind regards

Anne Sibbel

Chair
WA Section
APS College of Community Psychologists
mob: 0418 940 848
email: asibbel at westnet.com.au

11th Trans Tasman Community Psychology Conference
Fremantle, Western Australia 15-17 July 2009
http://www.groups.psychology.org.au/ccom/2009_conference/

State Mental Health Policy and Strategic Plan 2010-20 for Western Australia (WA)

The Department of Health's Mental Health Division recently appointed Pricewaterhouse Coopers Pty Ltd to undertake a comprehensive review of mental health services and assist with the development of a state mental health policy and strategic plan. This work will include comprehensive consultation with stakeholders.

The State Mental Health Policy and Strategic Plan 2010-20 for WA will guide the reform and redesign of mental health services and investment in mental health in WA. It is anticipated that significant gains can be achieved through major systems reconfiguration and shifting from a response based on illness and acute intervention to one focussing on wellness, early intervention and recovery.

You can have your say via the online survey or submissions at www.pwc.com/au/mentalhealthsurvey This has been extended until 24 July 2009.

Improving the mental health of all Western Australians is the shared responsibility of all levels of government, private and non-government sector agencies and the wider community. Please encourage your peers and networks to make a submission or complete the survey.

For any enquiries, please contact PricewaterhouseCoopers at mentalhealthsurvey at au.pwc.com or call 9238 3126.

We look forward to your participation in this important project.
Dr Steve Patchett
Executive Director
Mental Health