[Commpsych] APS Board elections

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Mon Sep 15 17:17:01 WST 2008

For those of you who are eligible to vote in the current elections for 2
director vacancies on the APS Board ... (with thanks to John Alder for
the technical information):

I have just voted ON LINE at the APS website for my preferred candidates
for the APS Board of Directors.

It took me 5 minutes, a bit longer if you need to look at the profiles
of the candidates or the Q & A session that is currently being posted at
the APS website.

ACTION: easy = go to APS website www.psychology.org.au select button on
mid-right "Board of Directors Election", select "Click here to vote"
then you just need your APS member number and your surname (eg. Alder -
case sensitive).

Great news was to see the range of candidates, Bad news is that I/you
can only vote for 2.

I'm happy to tell you privately who I voted for.  There is only one
candidate who has been a member of the College of Community
Psychologists.

I encourage you to participate in this election for APS Directors as:

1/. There has been a very low participation rate in elections by
members, ie. more votes means more democracy.

2/. There are various BIG issues that are current, e.g. review of
organisational units of the APS (eg. Colleges and Interest Groups) &
representation to government/s (including Medicare, not to mention a
host of social issues: refugee policy, climate change, racism...).

Voting closes on 24 Sept, according to the website, - I suggest you get
this simple task off your list of 'to do's ASAP.

Regards

Heather

Heather Gridley

School of Psychology

Footscray Park Campus (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday)

Victoria University

PO Box 14428

Melbourne VIC 8001

Australia