[Commpsych] Say no to APA's position on torture - an appeal for support

Serdar M. Degirmencioglu s_degirmencioglu at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 15:27:11 WST 2008

This might be of interest to some;

The head of the APA Ethics Office, Stephen Behnke is in Turkey and we are protesting his visit and his workshop on ethics. Some in the Turkish Psychological Association here consider him an expert on ethics. We consider him an ardent supporter and producer of the APA's shameful position on torture. The protest is initiated by myself and any support would be helpful.

Attached is a letter of support from the Coalition for an Ethical Psychology in USA - drafted upon my request.

Please consider sending a short message or letter of support.

Thanks from now

Serdar

Serdar M. Degirmencioglu, Ph.D.

Member, Executive Committee, International Society for the Study of Behavioural Development (ISSBD)
Member, Executive Committee, European Community Psychology Association (ECPA)
Secretary, European Sociological Association Youth & Generation Research Network
Chair, International Committee, Society for Community Research & Action (SCRA)