[Commpsych] Advance notice - 11th Trans Tasman community psychology conference

Lauren BREEN l.breen at ecu.edu.au
Mon Dec 15 20:52:24 WST 2008

*** Apologies for cross-postings****

Dear colleagues and friends,

We wish to provide advance notice for the 11th Trans Tasman Community Psychology Conference to be held in Perth, Western Australia from the 15th to the 17th of July 2009. The Trans Tasman conference is shared between Australian and Aotearoa/New Zealand and is the premier community psychology conference in the region.

The theme is, 'Exploring Boundaries, Expanding Frontiers'. The primary aim of the conference is to advance discussions concerning community psychology. The sub-themes centre on current and emerging discussions and debate within community psychology and are relevant to community psychology research and practice.

The sub-themes are:

1.       Crossing borders - How do we work in diverse settings? How do we apply community psychology in areas outside of it? How do we engage others? What have we learned and can we still learn from others? Presenters are encouraged to reflect upon their partnerships with other disciplines and across cultures and nations.

2.       (Re)moving barriers - What hurdles currently impede us and how can they be overcome? What innovations are required? Where do we start?

3.       Driving change - How do we create change? How do we translate theory into action? What skills do we require? How can training be improved? Where are we headed? Presenters are encouraged to share their successes of and lessons learned in the application of community psychology.

4.       Challenging assumptions - How do we embed reflexivity? Presenters are encouraged to turn the lens onto themselves and/or community psychology as a discipline.

We would be grateful if you could put these dates in your diaries and disseminate this notice among your network of contacts, scholars, practitioners, students and/or other stakeholders involved in community psychology, community advocacy and action, community development, and related areas.

More information will follow in regards to a call for abstracts, invited speakers, conference details and registration very soon.

All enquiries can be directed to me at l.breen at ecu.edu.au <mailto:l.breen at ecu.edu.au>

Kind regards

Lauren Breen (on behalf of the organising committee)

---
Lauren Breen, PhD MAPS
Postdoctoral Research Scholar
Centre for Social Research
School of Psychology and Social Science
Edith Cowan University
270 Joondalup Drive
JOONDALUP 6027
Western Australia

Email: l.breen at ecu.edu.au

Room: 4.234C
Tel: (08) 6304 5162
Fax: (08) 6304 5866

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B