[Commpsych] FW: Re-Orienting Whiteness Conference Update

Amiee-Jade Pember amiee-jade at westnet.com.au
Thu Aug 21 14:57:30 WST 2008

FYI
Amiee-Jade Pember
-----Original Message-----
From: ReOrientingWhitenessConference [mailto:reorientingwhiteness at gmail.com]

Sent: Thursday, 21 August 2008 12:51 PM
To: Jane Carey
Subject: Re-Orienting Whiteness Conference Update

Dear all,

Plans for the conference are going extremely well, so this is just a
short note with a few updates.

Firstly, for those of you who have not yet submitted your abstract, a
reminder that the CFPs closes very soon - on 29 August!

We've had a fanastic response, so the deadline will be adhered to
reasonably strictly. Late submissions may be placed on a waiting list.

Online registration (or snail mail if you prefer) for the conference
is now open, and there's lots more information on the conference
website:

http://arts.monash.edu.au/historical-studies/news-and-events/reorienting-whi
teness-2008

In particular, please note the FUNDING available for Indigenous
participants and postgraduate studunts, and the (free) WORKSHOP with
the keynote speakers, for postgraduates and early career researchers
which will take place on Saturday 6 December. Please email us to
registrer your interest in attending the workshop, if you have not
already done so.

The conference program will available in mid-September, and we will
send occasional updates to keep you informed.

We look forward to seeing you all in December. In the meantime, please
don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

All the best,

Jane (on behalf of Kat, Leigh and Prue)