[Commpsych] FW: APS Women & Psychology IG 18th Annual Conference: Call for Presentations

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Sun Sep 2 16:57:10 WST 2007

We'd love to see some of our feminist community psychology colleagues
and friends in Melbourne in December!

________________________________

APS Women and Psychology Interest Group
18th Annual Conference
Living and Working with Diversity as Women in Psychology II
6 December 2007 to 9 December 2007

This year the annual residential APS Women & Psychology Conference will
be hosted by the Victorian Group. Sunbury Hall at Victoria University on
the site of a superb, heritage-listed facility, the former Caloola
institution that was the subject of Kelley Johnson's book
"Deinstitutionalising Women" in Sunbury, Victoria and is our venue.

Intending presenters:
This year's annual conference will highlight feminist perspectives on
psychological practice and research with women that takes diversity into
account. We are taking pleasure in welcoming topics on diversity in
gender, mental health, wellbeing, physical health, disability, family,
relationships, culture, language, and other innovative understandings of
diversity. Our definition of feminism in psychology is the same as that
of the international journal Feminism and Psychology: that which
acknowledges gender and other social inequalities (e.g. race, class,
disability, sexuality) and considers their psychological effects.
Proposals for presentations will only be accepted when set in this
critical context.

Please provide title, abstract of paper or workshop description, a few
short lines about yourself and your audio visual requirements by 31
October 2007 to raelynn.wicklein at rmit.edu.au

Online registration and further program details are now available at the
below link:
http://www.psychology.org.au/Events/EventView.aspx?EventID=2784&Highligh
t=1

Further enquiries and intentions to present:
raelynn.wicklein at rmit.edu.au

Sent by APS - Women & Psychology IG - National