[Commpsych] Planning the Trans-Tasman Biennial in 2008

Grace Pretty pretty at usq.edu.au
Fri May 18 12:56:16 WST 2007

Dear Colleagues,
The Aussie Community Psychology contingent is thinking its time to
consider venues and timetables for the TransTasman conference in 2008.
We have interest and enthusiasm from the Western Australia group in
Perth to host this. However we'd like to know how our NZ collegues would
consider an Australian venue for 2008, and whether the extra costs of
flying to Perth would be prohibitive to those who intending to
participate.

If we were to have the conference in Australia in 2008, the date will
require some consideration. Several of us are intending to travel to
Lisbon for the International Conference in Lisbon in June, so this would
make either an Easter or a mid to end of July break time as the best
option.

We would really like to hear from you about:
    Australia as the venue
    Perth, Australia as the venue
    Easter Break as the time
    Mid to late July as the time.

All comments and suggestions appreciated ASAP as planning needs urgent
attention.

Cheers All,
Grace Pretty
National Chair
APS College of Community Psychologists

Grace Pretty, BSc(Hon Psy), MSc, PhD, FAPS
Professor of Psychology
University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba, Qld
Australia  4350

Telephone: +61 7 46 31 1740
Fax: +61 7 46 31 2721
Email: pretty at usq.edu.au

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the
intended recipient(s) only.  If you received this email by mistake,
please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily
reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland.  Although all
reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no
viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses
arising from its receipt.

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of
education with the Australian Government (CRICOS Institution Code No's.
QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M)