[Commpsych] FW: W&P 18th Annual Conference at Sunbury this coming weekend

Heather Gridley Heather.Gridley at vu.edu.au
Sun Dec 2 15:12:13 WST 2007

Hi CommPsych List,

We hope some of you will find time to join us at the 18th Annual Women
and
Psychology Residential Conference at Sunbury that begins this Thursday 6
Dec through Sunday 9 Dec. There are many registration options to choose
from including 1 and 2 day programs. I've pasted the program for the
conference below and the link to registration, although you'll need
to fax or email registrations now to a.terrington at psychology.org.au.

If you are thinking of joining us and haven't registered, please do
contact me (see below) and I'll help to make arrangements for you to
join us. Pleasant and affordable accommodation at Vic Uni where the
conference is being held is also available and can be booked on the day.

Thoughts of refreshing cool lemon minty drinks, fresh breezes, and
feelings of strong calm during this sometimes most hectic time of year!
RaeLynn
National Convener, W&P

Living and Working with Diversity as Women in Psychology II
18th Annual Residential Conference of the APS Women and Psychology
Interest Group
Sunbury Hall, Victoria University
http://www.psychology.org.au/Events/EventView.aspx?EventID=2784

Thursday 6th December
6.30 Registration and Welcome reception (food & drinks)
7:20 Conference Welcome - Victoria University
8:00 Champagne & Chat- Movie night and discussion after movie

Friday 7th December
8:30am Breakfast/Arrivals/Registration
9:00 Challenging Linear Learning: "I ain't your baby" - Katie Thomas,
Curtin University
Morning Tea
11:30 Keynote: Indigenous Women, the Academy and Leadership - Associate
Professor Tracey Bunda, Flinders University
Lunch
1:30 Gender as a Determinent of Health: The Gender Sensitive Health Care
Project - Helen Vidler, University of Western Sydney
2:00 Body Image - Carol Tutchener
2.30  'Large' women's bodies and the politics of their in/visibility-
Irmgard Tischner, University of the West of England, Bristol
Afternoon Tea
3:30 AGM
5:00 Relaxation and Tranquility: An experiential journey - Eugenia
Castro, Gambler's Help Western, ISIS Primary Care
7:00pm Conference Dinner in Sunbury

Saturday 8th December
8:30am Breakfast/Arrivals/Registration
9:00 - 10:15 Keynote: Locked Out and Locked In - Dr. Kelley Johnson,
University of Bristol
Morning Tea
10:45 Australian Experiences of Mediation and Family Law - Fiona Combe,
Victoria University
11:30 "Do you want to see the birth certificate with both our names on
it?": Parental legal recognition of non-birth mothers in families of
lesbian couples - Liz Short, Victoria University
Lunch
1:00 Panel Discussion: Family Violence: From the personal to the
political - Lead by Jill Astbury, Fiona Combe, Tania Jones, & Marion Oke
2:30 Body Image in Australian women and girls: What's its significance
and what do we do about it? - Vivienne Lewis, University of Canberra
3:00 Open Discussion: Body Image and Women's Current Issues - RaeLynn
Alvarez Wicklein
Afternoon Tea
4:00 'The Woman in the Body':  A Discursive Exploration of Menopause,
the Menopausal, and Postmenopausal Woman - Margaret Harris, Southern
Cross University
4:30 Discussion: Changing Linear Learning II - Katie Thomas
8:00pm A Night of Theatre: "Hangups, Heartaches, and Headcases: A
Psychologist Cabaret" - Lizzie Matjacic, RMIT University, &
accompaniment

Sunday 9th December
8:30 Breakfast
9:00 'A Feminist Statement in Itself... to be Producing Really Good
Music' -  Heather Gridley, Victoria University
9:45 Open Discussion: Recent Findings on Happiness and Feminism -
RaeLynn Alvarez Wicklein, RMIT University
Morning Tea
11:00 Single-parent families living in poverty in Broadmeadows:
Challenges and survival strategies Heather Gridley & Mathew Barth
(Victoria University) & Colleen Turner (Broadmeadows Uniting Care)
11:45 Relaxation and Tranquility: An experiential journey II - Eugenia
Castro
12:15 - 2pm Reflections and Closing of Conference and Lunch

RaeLynn Alvarez Wicklein
PsyD, MAPS College of Counselling Psychologists
Senior Psychologist RMIT Counselling Service,
RMIT University Brunswick Campus Bldg 514

Ph:   (03) 9925 4365
Fax:  (03) 9925 9180

Email: raelynn.wicklein at rmit.edu.au